Politics, Religion, Military and whatever else I think of

These are my thoughts about the world. I am a staff sergeant in the Army, so of course I have an opinion. Hope you enjoy, or at the very least, think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moffett Field, CA, United States

I am married with 9-year-old and 5-year old girls and a 2-year old boy. All are very cute.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Political Commercial

I read today that the candidates are spending millions of dollars in Iowa and New Hampshire because there is a lack of name recognition. I know who Mitt Romney is. I know who John Edwards and Bill Richardson.
It just goes to show that the masses have to be shown candidates in 30 second clips to even know who they are. Most people know Hillary and Rudy or McCain and some Obama because of their past or in the case of Obama because of the new moniker "Great Black Hope." But why should Americans not take the time understand who the candidates are and, here's a crazy idea, actually learn what they stand for.
Personally, I am voting for Mitt. He has some "flip flop" on issues that others will say is a weakness but I think in business and leadership if you are so set in stone that you can't change your opinions you are going to get blasted. President Bush (who I fully support as a soldier) has tried to do what he can to keep sight of the goal of victory in Iraq. But the media and left destroy him for being too unwilling to change. Of course, the original Bush got hammered for changing his "no new taxes" and then adding tax.
Guess it all depends on who you are.
So why doesn't the media show fair coverage of the candidates. It shouldn't matter if some of the fringe candidates are a little bit out there (Hello, Chris Dodd) but if there is federal money going to these candidates then it should be fair. (But, really, does the American public need to put tax dollars towards campaigns? Another issue for another day.)
So let me just say that Mitt is the man; if Hillary is elected I can't re-enlist because I can't take the oath to respect the President; and if Americans just educated themselves the best candidates would rise to the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home