Politics, Religion, Military and whatever else I think of

These are my thoughts about the world. I am a staff sergeant in the Army, so of course I have an opinion. Hope you enjoy, or at the very least, think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moffett Field, CA, United States

I am married with 9-year-old and 5-year old girls and a 2-year old boy. All are very cute.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Customer Service?

You know what I really like? I like to be able to order things on the internet. I like to get things and not have to worry about receiving my order.

Know what I hate about ordering things on the internet? When I agree to something and the company doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

I guess I should have known better because my friend had the exact same thing happen to him. I decided to try Major League Baseball's games online. You pay for the month or season and you can watch or listen to games online.

Well, I agreed to ONE month. I didn't know how well it was going to work with my internet speed so I didn't want to be stuck with anything I wasn't going to be able to use. So I agreed to the one month and unchecked the little box that said something like "Yes, I want to automatically be renewed." Call me crazy, but if you don't check the automatically renew box doesn't it seem like it shouldn't automatically renew?

So what happens? Bet you can guess. I look at my bank account and sure enough, there is a second charge, one month later, for MLB.com. Gee, wonder what I was billed for.

I called their customer service line and was informed that they are open from 6am to 3 pm Pacific time. I don't know about you, but when I first wake up I don't think, "What do I need to cancel on the internet today?" I go through my normal day at work and such and then when I get home and online I think, "shoot, I need to cancel." But of course, it is past 3pm. So I will try tomorrow to remember.

But the cancel thing isn't even the issue. I shouldn't have been charged a second time at all. I am in the Army and have been away from home for training for just about a month. So if I didn't have access to my bank account how would I have known that I was even charged?

Companies should be required to live up to the same agreements that they hold customers to. My friend warned me that he tried the MLB gamecast last year and was charged month after month. He called and cancelled multiple times. Yes, he got his money back, but it should never have gotten that far.

I am all for companies doing business. I know companies are there for profit. I just think that when you make an agreement with a customer it is time and money saving to live up to your end of the bargain. I should demand to have a full refund since they took the money without approval the second time.

I will post if that flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home