Politics, Religion, Military and whatever else I think of

These are my thoughts about the world. I am a staff sergeant in the Army, so of course I have an opinion. Hope you enjoy, or at the very least, think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moffett Field, CA, United States

I am married with 9-year-old and 5-year old girls and a 2-year old boy. All are very cute.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Voting

On yahoo.com there is a story about how early voting in in the South is stongly black. 31% of early voters are black in North Carolina despite only 21% of the population being black.

Now, go ahead and get your "racist" card out. Could it possibly be there there is a higher percentage of whites who are working and therefore not voting early? (Racist!)

I voted today in Texas and everyone I have spoken to is voting McCain (racists, all of us.) Isn't Texas in the South?

But my biggest problem is how if you are white and vote for McCain you are racist. But if you are black and voting for Obama, you are just being "part of history."

Racist!

How about this. Go read what Orson Scott Card wrote about the media coverage. He is a Democrat: http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/081017light.html

The CNN ticker on CNN.com has a front page ticker about a former Bush aid supporting Obama (note: it is Scott McClellan who wrote a book about his time in the White House but apparently didn't have the testicular fortitude to actually quit when he disagreed with policy.)

What you won't find at the top is the story about a McCain supporter being branded by an Obama supporters knife. (OK, it is about 1/4 of the way down if you scroll.) But which really is a bigger news story? A disgruntled former staffer supporting Obama or a woman having the letter B cut into her face SIMPLY FOR SUPPORTING MCCAIN? What kind of outrage would it be (or should I say, hate crime would be prosecuted) if a white male cut an M into a black Obama supporter? (Now, I am leaping to a conclusion on race. It just as easily could have been white on white, black on white, or white on black. I don't know. But it was Pro-Obama supporter on a Pro-McCain supporter....)


If the Main Stream Media isn't being blatantly racist (or prejudiced if you prefer) by ignoring anything that would be negative simply because Obama is the Dems choice and putting the magnifying glass on McCain, then all my schooling is wrong about what racism is.

(Oh, and a T-shirt that says Sarah Palin is a C*nt is sexist, even if a woman wears it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home