Politics, Religion, Military and whatever else I think of

These are my thoughts about the world. I am a staff sergeant in the Army, so of course I have an opinion. Hope you enjoy, or at the very least, think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moffett Field, CA, United States

I am married with 9-year-old and 5-year old girls and a 2-year old boy. All are very cute.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pakistan's nose is actually clean

OK, can you believe that the Pakistani's are actually not involved in US politics? I have never been so proud of either accidental or purposeful expression of "no opinion."
According to Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/111235/Obama-Favored-Key-Muslim-Countries.aspx)
5% of Pakistani's would vote Obama, 5% McCain and 90% have "no opinion." Saudi Arabia clocked in at 50, 19, 31% respectively.
What is the bet that if you asked an American who they preferred in the next Pakistani election you would have 0% to everyone that ran and 100% answering "Pakistan has elections?"
Who says America isn't number one! We rule at not caring about other countries politics! And this is not tongue in cheek: We as citizens shouldn't be involved in other countries voting preferences.
This isn't to say we shouldn't care if Hamas wins in Gaza (or is it the West Bank, or Lebanon? Joe Biden confused me.)
We should care about what happens in Canada, England, France, Germany, etc, AFTER their elections, not before or during, because it is their country.
And yes, I see the huge irony that we went into Iraq, and I support the war, but it only means I think that every situation is different.


1 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

Lance, I hope you dont care that I am now stalking your blog. For what it is worth I agree with everything you have to say.

Mindy Lavigne Burt

October 25, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home